What Is A Meal Planner?
A good meal planner lets you plan your meals ahead of time and create a nutrition budget that saves time, organises food consumption and provides better distribution of nutrients.
Without the need for paperwork, PDFs, or emails, Foodzilla makes it simple to create meal plans using our recipe database or your own recipes and send them to your clients through our mobile app.
If you'd like, you can email your clients a PDF of your meal plan. Over 100,000 recipes in our recipe database already have their nutrition data calculated. The recipes are tagged with nutrition information and are suitable for a variety of diets, including keto, vegan, vegetarian, and FODMAP-free diets.
Additionally, you can choose from pre-made meal plan templates or have an automatic meal plan that meets your client's nutritional needs generated in a matter of seconds.
Meal Plan Templates
Templates are reusable meal plans for a group of clients (such as clients suffering from IBS, vegetarian diets and so on). They can also be customised to fit the individual's needs when imported as a meal plan.
We already provide a template database for you so you can get started easily, and we always look into adding more ready-to-use templates. If what you're looking for is not there, you can just generate it using our meal plan auto-generation feature.
Meal Plan Details
Meal plans in Foodzilla consists of the following: Name, Notes, Recurrence, Foods, and Recipes.
Notes let you record some information related to this plan and the client.
Recurrence lets you repeat the meal plan until the selected end date. This makes it easy to repeat a weekly meal plan to be a monthly plan.
You can add single foods in the food section such as apple, banana etc...
In the recipes section, you can add your own recipes or choose from our recipe database. You can also edit each recipe in the meal plan to customise to the client needs without affecting the original recipe.
Every recipe comes with ingredient details, cooking time, calories and nutrition information as well as directions. There is also a handy section about health cautions (for example, contains Sulfites).
You can easily search our database for all kinds of foods and cuisines. We’ve provided handy filters to quickly find what you’re looking for such as “Keto Friendly”, “FODMAP Free”, “Vegan” and more.
Here’s the complete list of filters we have (and we’re constantly adding more!):
- ‣ Calories per serving
- ‣ Protein per serving
- ‣ Fats per serving
- ‣ Carbs per serving
- ‣ Sugar per serving
- ‣ Preparation time in minutes
- ‣ Meal type: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack, Teatime
- ‣ Dish type: Soup, Salad, Desert
- ‣ Diet labels: Balance, High Fiber, High Protein, Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Sodium
- ‣ Cuisine type: American, Australian, Chinese, Canadian, European, English, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediterranean, Malaysian, Mexican, Moroccan, Persian, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- ‣ Health labels: Celery Free, Dairy Free, DASH, Eggs Free, Fish Free, FODMAP Free, Gluten Free, Keto Friendly, Kidney Friendly, Kosher, Low Potassium, Lupine Free, Mustard Free, No Added Oil, No Sugar, No Soy, Sugar Conscious, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Peanuts Free, Red Meat Free, Sesame Free, Paleo, Pescatarian, Tree Nuts Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Wheat Free