What Is A Meal Planner?
A good meal planner lets you plan your meals ahead of time and create a nutrition budget that saves time, organises food consumption and provides better distribution of nutrients.
Foodzilla makes it easy to create meal plans using our recipes database or with your own recipes and send them to your clients seamlessly without needing papers, PDFs, or emails.
Access our recipes database with over 1 million recipes with nutrition information already calculated. Our recipes are labelled and suit all kinds of diets such as FODMAP-free diets, keto, vegan, vegetarian and more.
Once you’ve selected a few recipes, you can create a meal plans for your clients. The following sections describe how this is done in more details.
Meal Plan Details
Meal plans in Foodzilla consists of the following: Name, Notes, Recurrence, Start and End Dates, and Recipes.
Notes let you record some information related to this plan and client. They are private and only visible to you (your clients can’t see them).
Recurrence lets you repeat the meal plan until the selected end date. For example, if you choose a “Daily” recurrence, then the meal plan will repeat every day until the end date is reached. The calendar view lets you easily see when the meal plan is going to be repeated and which days have recipes associated with them.
Each dot represents a recipe assigned to that day. For example, the selected day is 30th of August and it has one recipe but 31st of August has two recipes and so on.
You can easily add a recipe by clicking on a day and then pressing on Add Recipes. This will show you a screen where you can select recipes from your existing collection of saved recipes.
The full nutrition breakdown for the meal plan is also available with all the nutrition details you expect. Once you’re ready, click on “Save Meal Plan” to save your meal plan and send it to your client.
The client will see the meals assigned for each respective day as part of their diary.
Every recipe comes with ingredient details, cooking time, calories and nutrition information as well as directions. There is also a handy section about health cautions (for example, contains Sulfites).
Once you see a recipe you like, you can press “Add to Collection” so you can save it for later when you need to create a meal plan for a client or for yourself!
You can easily search our database for all kinds of foods and cuisines. We’ve provided handy filters to quickly find what you’re looking for such as “Keto Friendly”, “FODMAP Free”, “Vegan” and more.
Here’s the complete list of filters we have (and we’re constantly adding more!):
- Calories per seving
- Preparation time in minutes
- Meal type: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Dish type: Soup, Salad, Desert
- Diet labels: Balance, High Fiber, High Protein, Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Sodium
- Cuisine type: American, Australian, Chinese, Canadian, European, English, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediterranean, Malaysian, Mexican, Moroccan, Persian, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Health labels: Celery Free, Dairy Free, Eggs Free, Fish Free, FODMAP Free, Gluten Free, Keto Friendly, Kidney Friendly, Kosher, Low Potassium, Lupine Free, Mustard Free, No Added Oil, No Sugar, No Soy, Sugar Conscious, Shellfish Free, Peanuts Free, Red Meat Free, Sesame Free, Paleo, Pescatarian, Tree Nuts Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Wheat Free